Saturday, November 15, 2014

Marney Makridakis' New Book - Hop, Skip, Jump

    



I have the privilege to be reading Marney's new book Hop, Skip, Jump. I have to be honest. I haven't finished it yet. The book is so inspiring and so full of "playful" ideas, that I have to stop every couple of pages and create something. It's everything you would expect from the author of Creating Time. Marney shows us the way to accomplish our goals using "play" in order to be productive and "manifest whatever you desire." It is a book about hope, a way to turn any dreaded task into a joyful experience where play leads the way forward to success. Every person who wants to live a creatively abundant and fulfilling life needs to read this book! You will discover if your personal style is "hop," "skip" or "jump." Once you understand what each of these styles mean, Marney leads you on a creative journey to learn how to add the other styles and their strengths so you can "playfully manifest a meaningful life." Don't miss this wonderful new book!

Below are a couple of examples of digital art I've created so far. The first two are from just the introduction:


You will find out what "soul and whale" refer to by reading the introduction.

Readers are encouraged to pick their own two words, and I chose the first two that jumped into my head. That's what Hop, Skip, Jump is all about. Learning to be successful through play!


I'll leave you with one more. I created this for Chapter 6. The chapter is titled "Got Confidence?"
If you have confidence, then you "can" succeed in doing anything you want.

 
Any time I begin doubting myself, I'll look at my "can can" and know that I can do it.

I hope you will order your copy of Marney's wonderful book right away! Your creative self will thank you for it! If you want a little more information about the book, then take the free Hop, Skip, Jump quiz and find out which one describes you. Just click the link below.





2 comments:

M said...

Wow Bill! I love your creations inspired by Marney's book. The "can" can is very clever. I am feeling a bit stressed out about finishing my book review with all the Nano stuff I'm doing.

Christine said...

You are really working these days! Reaching your creativity peak I guess...