Friday, January 18, 2013

Training Your Elephant

This digital compilation will not make any sense unless you have been following Lani Gerity's several last blog posts. http://lanipuppetmaker.blogspot.com/ To be honest, I have to go back and re-read them, because I've already forgotten what the elephant represents. But she has been creating all kinds of fun elephant related collages, and I had to try doing one. The original photo was found by Googling "man and elephant." I don't have any rights to it.

4 comments:

M said...

Wow, what a coincidence. I just heard about these people who volunteer to help foster orphaned elephants. Apparently they are very intelligent and get so attached that when the volunteers return years later, the elephants still remember them and greet them with love. I guess that's where the phrase "a memory like an elephant" came from.

Lani Gerity said...

The trainer or rider is that part of ourself that has goals and can think about consequences. The elephant is the part of us that wants what it wants right now. It's very hard work training the elephant because it is so big. Love this image!

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

I love that cheerful digi creation, the colors are amazing too.
Have a nice weekend.
Anja

Junibears said...

Well I sure wish I had a real elephant in my back yard. I'd start with a very small one!! xx