Monday, September 10, 2012

Life Book 2012 Classes - Mandala

For week 35 of the Life Book 2012 classes, we were given instructions on how to make a mandala. I did mine while I was up north at our daughters. My mandala turned out kind of like a combination mandala/dream catcher. I couldn't resist the duck feathers I kept finding around their small pond, and kept stuffing them in my pocket. Once I drew and painted the mandala, I felt like I needed to add the feathers to it. You can't tell from the photo, but I used metallic paint, and the background is actually solid white. It's a beautiful contrast in person, especially with the white duck feathers. I'm glad, though, that I didn't decide to go with using the small, round goat droppings I kept seeing anywhere. That might have been a little too much mixed-media. :O)


4 comments:

Junibears said...

I love your Mandala with the feathers Bill. Looks super! xx

M said...

This is awe-inspiring Bill! It looks like it is hanging in the window with the sun shining through it. It has almost a feeling of India to it too.

Martin said...

You did it greatly. For me it symbolises that life is a wheel, a growing plant and a star at once. Of course, it needs wings : ))

Christine said...

Your mandala is so joyful and vivacious!