Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Received A Big Surprise Today!


That was me receiving a surprise today. (Yikes. It's a good thing I'm not surprised too often.) A package came from my friend Marguerite who lives in Eureka, California. I opened up the package and found this:


It was a beautiful tin box full of goodies to cheer me up and take my mind off what is happening with my parents. Wow! Is that a true friend or what?

I decided not to open everything up on the same day, because then I'd have lots of days of surprises. Good surprises, that is. This is one little box I opened up today:


It was hand decorated, and inside it are seashells and "pussy willow friends." How neat is that?! Did you ever have pussy willow friends? I did when I was a little kid growing up. I'd make pussy willows into mice, and then have lots of friends. (Being a kid is a lot more fun than being an adult.)

I had to look at at least one more surprise today, and this is it:


In case you don't know what it is, it is a "Moonlight Chronicles" zine. I have wanted a Moonlight Chronicles zine for several years, but have never ordered one. It seems like every time I thought to order one, Hobo, the name the writer goes by, was in Hawaii and not accepting orders. If you want to check out his web site, it is: http://moonlightchronicles.com/ Thank you, Marguerite. I finally have a Moonlight Chronicles zine!

Yep, thanks to Marguerite, today is a good day!

5 comments:

M said...

Your surprise face is priceless!
I've had so much fun collecting these items for you over the past few years! So glad you liked your box of goodies! ;)

K said...

lucky you!

Anonymous said...

Lucky you....for the gift and for the friendship. How wonderful.
I've been thinking of you and your parents so thought I'd check in.

Ann said...

loving the happiness you received.

Lani Gerity said...

What a wonderful friend!