Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Life Book Class Drawing Assignment Two

I've been working on another assignment for the online "Life Book" class I'm taking at http://willowing.ning.com/. We're working on a piece of art that shows each person's personality has both light and dark attributes. Interesting. Maybe I don't have a split personality after all! (Just kidding.) Here's what I have done so far. I'm loving this class, because everything we do is hand drawn. It's a true multimedia experience!


I have to go to the store and buy ink so I can finish the project. We learned a technique where you drop ink into shaving cream, swirl the ink around, and then press the picture into the shaving cream. It leaves a marbled look on the paper once you wipe the shaving cream off. I will be doing that to the two blank corners. What a great project!

1 comment:

M said...

Very interesting! I would love to see it when it's finished.
I will have to get some shaving cream to try that dye idea.
Did you know that if you shine your bathroom mirrors with shaving cream they wont fog up when you take a shower!