Saturday, December 17, 2011

Butterflies by Marguerite

There has been a wonderful ongoing project where artists from all over the world are creating butterflies and mailing them to The Holocaust Museum in Houston, Texas. The butterflies are meant to represent the 1,500,000 innocent children who perished during the holocaust. You may read all about the project here: http://www.hmh.org/ed_butterfly1.shtml. I created and sent a butterfly quite some time ago.

My good friend, Marguerite Bryant, who I have mentioned many times in this blog really took this project to heart. She created over 130 butterflies, and is sending 100 of them to the museum. She created a short video showing some of the butterflies she made. I love her talent and ideas so much that I wanted to share her video with you here on my blog. I know you will find it artistically inspiring. I hope you enjoy seeing these butterflies as much as I did. By the way, you will see butterflies of both Corben and I in the video!



If you would like to visit Marguerite's blog, you will find it at http://redballoontothemoon.weebly.com/blog.html

2 comments:

M said...

Perhaps the will be more enticed to watch if they hear that you and Corben are in the slide show!

Junibears said...

A wonderful effort M!! They're beautiful! xx