Monday, October 31, 2011

French Model Tommy

I'm currently taking an online class about drawing whimsical characters. I tried drawing a whimsical head of a guy. Everyone draws girls. But, yikes, guys are difficult for me to draw. I scanned his head, and then turned him into a French model named Tommy. I have a very difficult time drawing. I know I can draw, but if you've followed my blog for a while, you know I'm one of those people who thinks nothing they do is good enough. That was bred into me the first 19 years of my life by my father. He was a perfectionist. He always told me how stupid and useless I was. I know, TMI. Anyway, here is  my crazy picture. The face is hand drawn, and the body done with digital elements. I'm loving the motivational videos by Tam she is providing in the class. I need that more than the art instruction!

2 comments:

M said...

I think Tommy looks really good. His nose and mouth have that 3D quality. And I like how he wears his boxers on the outside!

Junibears said...

Heck! Tommy is real cute! Love the head you drew! Is that the latest fad in France? To wear your underpants over your jeans? Or is it just to show off the hearts? xx