Tuesday, September 20, 2011

My Stacks, um, Piles

Our artist friend, the ever popular Seth Apter, is having fellow artists share pictures of their stacks of art papers, artwork, etc. Due to a total lack of room for creating and storing any art, I don't have any pretty, little stacks of anything. I have piles. I can't even create a piece of physical art at the moment, because I have to figure out somewhere to store things away. I guess that's why I usually create digitally. It's all on the computer with no mess or room needed. (Unless you run out of room on your hard drive, and that's a whole other problem!) Instead of taking one picture of my piles, I made a very short video using my Flip video camera. I hope you enjoy seeing my mess! By the way, there really is some art paper, chunky books and whatever else can be considered paper in my piles. You just can't tell which is which.



If you would like to see some real paper stacks, be sure to visit Seth's blog at: http://thealteredpage.blogspot.com/

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you happen to notice that your "mess" or "stack" was color coordinated? See, you are VERY creative with papers and such!

Nice vid. Thanks for the tour.

M said...

Creative chaos!
It would be nice to hear your voice giving commentary on your mess!
I hope you'll be able to move into a larger space soon.
(What ever happened with the garage idea?)

Seth said...

A video. Now that is clever. And so is the placement of the words Mickey's Mess. Stacks or piles, it looks like the space of a hard working artist.

Junibears said...

Oh I have stacks/piles everywhere.
Even boxes on the floor! xx

fairyrocks said...

Great little video, and very cute with the subliminal 'Mess'
Keep smiling and creating I say a busy stack is a happy creator!!

bohemiannie! art said...

can't wait to see what you do with your 'piles'

H.D. Campbell said...

love the little video Bill.. :)

Anonymous said...

Marvelous idea, a video, great interpretation and a happy mess. I can relate. xox

donna joy said...

Reality-we all have our own "stacks" that when you stop to look at them really look like art! :)

Vanessa Kiki Johanning said...

this was great!! WOW!!

Vanessa

Anonymous said...

What a great video--makes you stacks come alive in great color--nicely organized, too. If our stacks tell the world who we are--and you are fabulous!

Robin said...

great video..and great idea...love your stacks..!Nice to meet you too..!

Carolyn Dube said...

Great idea to do a video! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Great piles...er...stacks!! For a digital artist, I'm impressed that you have this sort of thing just piling up!! Careful...you're going to lose your digital passwords if this gets out!!

aprilmariecole.blogspot.com said...

A video... how clever! Love it :]
Thank you for sharing your wonderful "stack".

teri said...

I definitely "do it digital" when I can't deal with a mess. (Or can't find things IN the mess). Love your post.

Nikki Lee Anne Ghilain said...

LOL! That could be my house....Loved the video.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I see why you have no room for anything except these gorgeous stacks. Of course, I think I see a color scheme there, like PINK! LOVE the video.

.Trudi Sissons said...

An inspired and focused artist - that's what I see - no time to file, when there's reason to create! Bravo!

Andria said...

Wowser! You've got lots of materials to create with. I hope you find yourself some workspace soon, but until then, enjoy your computer creating!

Raylee said...

clever interpretation!