Thursday, March 3, 2011

Paul Andrew Russell

I've been enjoying reading the poetry of Paul Andrew Russell from his book Pocketful of Words. As whenever I find something deeply moving, I have to illustrate it in visual form. Many of you know I am one of those people who is constantly battling serious depression. The words in the picture below are the final words to his poem titled, "Cape Spear." To me they are saying that even though life may at times become unbearable, there is always some reason to not give up and carry on. Maybe even the universe will push us forward.


Please visit Paul's website to read his haiku and other forms of poetry. http://www.paulandrewrussell.com/

6 comments:

Junibears said...

There's always a reason my honey.....
Beautiful moving pic. Hugs xx

Anonymous said...

Wow Bill. Thank you for illustrating my words so beautifully, and for mentioning my poetry.

It was a wonderful surprise to find this on your blog this morning.

Thank you. :-)

Martin said...

I love your painting - the colours, the scenery! (As well as Paul's poems - although these lines are so dark.) To me it looks more dreamy than depressive.

M said...

Beautiful!
I'm headed over to read more of his poetry now!

Christine said...

Amanzingly beautiful. The words and images are so integrated that they form a new and original work of art.

peggy gatto said...

Beautiful painting to enhance the words.
thank you!